Click to return home.
September 5, 2017 to June
The Junior Competitive Program at IceWorks is designed to continue the growth of the basic skills skater into the competitive skating environment. The program will bridge the gap between basic skills group lessons and private lessons while making competitive skating an affordable option for families. The Program will not only teach to individualized levels, but also encompass introductory parent education sessions and skating club spirit.
Download Registration Form
Download and deliver your completed
registration form with payment instructions to the IceWorks
Registration Desk. Most skaters will benefit by consulting with
regarding appropriate program selections.
Leif Gislason at
Fall/Winter Ice Schedule
FALL / WINTER / SPRING
JCP 3: This will include 1 weekly 40 minute on ice group instruction component on Mondays, one 40 minute session on Saturdays to be used for practice or Private lessons and one additional 40 minute ice session of your choosing. This package will also include 2 mandatory off ice classes per week.
JCP 5: This will include 1 weekly 40 minute on ice group instruction component on Mondays, one 40 minute session on Saturdays to be used for practice or private lessons and 3 additional 40 minute ice sessions of your choosing. This package will also include 2 mandatory off ice classes per week.
JCP 10: This will include 1 weekly 40 minute on ice group instruction component on Mondays, one 40 minute session on Saturdays to be used for practice of private lessons and 8 additional 40 minute ice sessions of your choosing. This package will also include 3 mandatory off ice classes per week.
* MORNING ONLY discounted packages are available for the FALL session only.
|JCP On Ice Instruction
4:30 pm–5:10 pm - JCP High
5:10 pm–5:50 pm - JCP Medium
5:50 pm–6:30 pm - JCP Low
JCP On Ice Instruction
8:30 am–9:10 am - JCP Low A
9:10 am–9:50 am - JCP Low B
9:50 am–10:30 am - JCP Medium
10:40 am–11:20 am - JCP High
JCP Off Ice Instruction
4:30 pm–5:00 pm - JCP Medium
5:00 pm–5:30 pm - JCP Low
5:30 pm–6:00 pm - JCP High
JCP Off Ice Instruction
9:20 am–9:50 am - Low A
10:00 am–10:30 am - Low B
10:40 am–11:10 am - Medium
11:30 am–12:00 pm - High
There are three levels within the Junior Competitive Program at IceWorks – Low, Medium, and High. The levels are designed to accommodate all competitive levels from Learn to Skate basic 4 to Pre Juvenile competition level. Skaters are grouped according to their current test and competitive levels in order to maximize productivity, focus of instruction, and group camaraderie during the on and off ice components.
25% off 2nd family member's ice package fee.
10% off the total Program Package if paying IN FULL by August 28, 2017
- All skaters must become members of the IceWorks Skating Club
- JCP skaters must have a private coach while enrolled in the program
- All skaters must compete at the Keystone State Games or another appropriate competition chosen by the Director. Skaters must participate in the Exhibition and Send Off for this event. Skaters are required to participate unless a specific permission from the director is given.
- Skaters must complete at least two competitions per season
- All JCP skaters must participate in at least the JCP group number as a part of the Annual Ice Show and must meet the requirements of ice show participation
- All JCP skaters must have appropriate practice equipment/apparel. Please see our Staff in the IceWorks ProShop for your included 10% discount on skates and blades.
- Mandatory Seminars for parents of first year Junior Competitive Skaters. All Parents are welcome to come to these and other informational seminars that will be presented throughout the season.
- Skaters pursuing a non-freestyle track will have alternative testing and skating skill requirements, provided by the director, that must be met in order to be considered for the Medium and High levels
- World Class Coaching Staff
- Creating well-balanced, confident Athletes with a combined focus on technique, athleticism and artistry
- Varying Levels of Commitment designed to meet the needs of a variety of skating levels and budgets
- Affordable Introduction to Competitive Figure Skating
- Extensive Ice Sessions accommodate all schedules
- Parent Information Sessions
- Professional Off Ice Instruction
- Individual Focus with Team Camaraderie
JUNIOR COMPETITION PROGRAM
PROFESSIONAL COACHING STAFF
Kim Seybold Catron
Elizabeth Hollett Shackett
JUNIOR COACHING STAFF
Our Junior Coaching staff consists of various high level competitive skaters.
ICEWORKS FIGURE SKATING DIRECTOR